[tc][all] Train Community Goals

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Thu Dec 13 18:08:26 UTC 2018

Jean-Philippe Evrard <jean-philippe at evrard.me> writes:

> Hello everyone,
>
> We are looking for volunteers and potential future champions,
> particularily to assist in completing prerequisite work for service-
> side healthchecks and cleaning up resources when deleting a project.
>
> Goals are more likely to be successful if there is someone to drive the
> work. Having an accurate assessment of the prerequisite work before the
> goals even make it into review will help with scope and possibly
> finding ways to break the work into more manageable pieces. So far, the
> service-side health checks goal requires some oslo work for the
> framework that services would use to implement the goal.

The service health check goal is an *excellent* example of an area where
a relatively small number of people can have a big impact on the entire
project. We need someone to spend the time to think about how the health
check middleware knows which checks to run, and then to ensure that the
middleware is added to all the services' WSGI stacks. I think a small
team of 2-3 people could make quick work of this one.

> The cleanup of resources when deleting a project goal requires some
> anaylsis on what the interface would look like for both os-purge and
> an API in each service.

I would like to see the folks asking for this one contribute to working
out those details, with help from project team experts.

--
Doug