Proposal to move cinder backup tests out of the integrated gate

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 17:54:40 UTC 2018

On 12/13/2018 8:16 AM, Tom Barron wrote:
> FWIW cinder backup by default uses swift as the backup driver and
> requires its services, and that's the way it is being run in this job [1].
>
> The job could be modified to use e.g. NFS driver and not depend on other
> OpenStack services (unless one wanted to be fancy and have Manila
> provision the backup share).

For the integrated gate, I'm specifically looking for *not fancy*
combinations of services. The integrated gate jobs which run on most
changes throughout the system should test the most boring scenarios
possible and ideally hit as many different services as possible,
otherwise more exotic configurations can be run in separate special
purpose jobs, much like third party CI.

Matt