[tc][all] Train Community Goals

Jean-Philippe Evrard jean-philippe at evrard.me
Thu Dec 13 16:06:43 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,

We are looking for volunteers and potential future champions,
particularily to assist in completing prerequisite work for service-
side healthchecks and cleaning up resources when deleting a project.

Goals are more likely to be successful if there is someone to drive the
work. Having an accurate assessment of the prerequisite work before the
goals even make it into review will help with scope and possibly
finding ways to break the work into more manageable pieces. So far, the
service-side health checks goal requires some oslo work for the
framework that services would use to implement the goal. The cleanup of
resources when deleting a project goal requires some anaylsis on what
the interface would look like for both os-purge and an API in each
service.

Is anyone interested in driving the prerequisite work for these two
proposals? Ideally, it would be great if we could have the work done by
the middle of January, which gives us enough time to discuss prior to
putting proposals in review.

This note is specific to the most popular goals from the summit session
in Berlin and prerequisite work for those goals. That said, it's
certainly not too late to propose other ideas or goals for Train.

Thoughts?

Lance (lbragstad) and JP (evrardjp)