[all]Forum summary: Expose SIGs and WGs

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 22:41:00 UTC 2018

On 12/3/2018 11:42 AM, Rico Lin wrote:
> We also have some real story (Luzi's story) for people to get a better
> understanding of why current workflow can look like for someone who
> tries to help.

I looked over the note on this in the etherpad. They did what they were
asked and things have stalled. At this point, I think it comes down to
priorities, and in order to prioritize something big like this that
requires coordinated work across several projects, we are going to need
more stakeholders coming forward and saying they also want this feature
so the vendors who are paying the people to work upstream can be given
specific time to give this the attention it needs. And that ties back
into getting the top 1 or 2 wishlist items from each SIG and trying to
sort those based on what is the highest rated most common need for the
greatest number of people - sort of like what we see happening with the
resource delete API community wide goal proposal.

Matt