[tc][all] Train Community Goals

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Wed Dec 5 15:41:01 UTC 2018

Julia Kreger <juliaashleykreger at gmail.com> writes:

> Off-hand, I think there needs to be a few more words agreed upon for each
> in terms of what each item practically means.
>
> In other words, does #1 mean each python-clientlibrary's OSC plugin is
> ready to rock and roll, or we talking about everyone rewriting all client
> interactions in to openstacksdk, and porting existing OSC plugins use that
> different python sdk.

We talked about those things as separate phases. IIRC, the first phase
was to include ensuring that python-openstackclient has full feature
coverage for non-admin operations for all microversions, using the
existing python-${service}client library or SDK as is appropriate. The
next phase was to ensure that the SDK has full feature coverage for all
microversions. After that point we could update OSC to use the SDK and
start deprecating the service-specific client libraries.

--
Doug