[tripleo] cleanup upgrade_tasks

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Wed Dec 5 01:53:15 UTC 2018

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 4:32 PM Dan Prince <dprince at redhat.com> wrote:

> Would some of them be useful for fast forward upgrades in the future
> though? I suppose it all depends on where you draw your "upgrade lines"
> from major version to major version.

AFIK these tasks aren't useful in master (Stein) for FFU, as they were used
between Newton and Queens.
Since Queens only have containerized undercloud, and Undercloud isn't
upgraded via FFU, I think these tasks could be removed.

Many of these steps are very similar. It seems like it would be
> possible to detect podman in the systemd unit file (systemctl show
> <service> | grep podman) or something and then set your Ansible
> variables accordingly to disable the block if podman is being used.
>
> And improvement might be to put this logic into a playbook and consume
> it from each module. That is, if we even want to keep this upgrade code
> for the future.

Indeed, if upgrade team wants to keep or refactor them [0], it's fine.

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/582502
--
Emilien Macchi