OpenStack Summit Berlin Videos Now Available

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Mon Dec 3 23:30:22 UTC 2018

On Mon, 2018-12-03 at 14:16 -0700, David Medberry wrote:
> Hmmm, if you can HEAR the speaker and SEE the slides (as in YVR), seems like that should be sufficient.
that would be my peference also.
it is nice to be able to see presenteres but their slides/laptop screen are the
more important content that said im glad that they are available.

>  There's usually a photo of the speaker on their bio page if you need more "presence".
>
> -dave
>
> On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 2:05 PM Jimmy McArthur <jimmy at openstack.org> wrote:
> > Yeah, that makes sense. We had multiple complaints coming out of YVR that the size of the speaker was too small.  So
> > we're trying to work out a happy medium that can still work within our budget.
> >
> > Appreciate the feedback :)
> >
> > > Matt Riedemann December 3, 2018 at 3:01 PM
> > >

> > > Here is a good example of what I'm talking about:
> > >
> > > https://youtu.be/J9K-x0yVZ4U?t=425
> > >
> > > There is full view of the slides, but my eyes can't read most of that text. Compare that to YVR:
> > >
> > > https://youtu.be/U5V_2CUj-6A?t=576
> > >
> > > And it's night and day.
one factor in that may be that the videos are uploaded in 720p at 50 rather then 1080p at 60 as they
had been in vancouver. so far i have been able to view most of videos ok. the room
where the project updates were is proably the one with the worst lighting. the room were the lights
at the front were dimmed are quite good.
the shorter videos/ market place demos like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzcrjk-tgLk
are certenly eaiser to view the presented content but most of the larger rooms are visable.