[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Propose Nate Johnston for Neutron core

Miguel Lavalle miguel at mlavalle.com
Mon Dec 3 21:38:21 UTC 2018

Hi Stackers,

I want to nominate Nate Johnston (irc:njohnston) as a member of the Neutron
core team. Nate started contributing to Neutron back in the Liberty cycle.
One of the highlight contributions of that early period is his
collaboration with others to implement DSCP QoS rules (
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/251738/). After a hiatus of a few cycles,
we were lucky to have Nate come back to the community during the Rocky
cycle. Since then, he has been a driving force in the adoption in Neutron
of Oslo Versioned Objects, the "Run under Python 3 by default" community
wide initiative and the optimization of ports creation in bulk to better
support containerized workloads. He is a man with a wide range of
interests, who is not afraid of expressing his opinions in any of them.
The quality and number of his code reviews during the Stein cycle is on par
with the leading members of the core team:
http://stackalytics.com/?module=neutron-group.  I especially admire his
ability to forcefully handle disagreement in a friendly and easy going
manner.

On top of all that, he graciously endured me as his mentor over the past
few months. For all these reasons, I think he is ready to join the team and
we will be very lucky to have him as a fully voting core.

I will keep this nomination open for a week as customary.

Thank you

Miguel