[openstack-dev] [kuryr] can we start kuryr libnetwork in container inside the nova VM.

Michał Dulko mdulko at redhat.com
Mon Dec 3 18:49:53 UTC 2018

On Sun, 2018-12-02 at 09:33 +0530, Vikrant Aggarwal wrote:
> Thanks Michal. Yes, my scenario is same which you mentioned. But I
> don't want to use COE atm. So. the OVS and neutron-agent running
> inside the VM will be communicating with compute node neutron agent?

I've did some more research and seems like nested deployments actually
got implemented in kuryr-libnetwork around 3 years ago. I don't know if
that still works though. Also there seem to be no documentation, so
unfortunately you'll need to figure it out by reading the code. See
blueprint [1] for a list of related patches.

Remember that this requires the cloud to support subports and trunk
ports in Neutron. VMs get the trunk ports attached and the containers
get the subports. This doesn't require neutron-agent running on the VMs.

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/kuryr/+spec/containers-in-instances