[openstack-dev] Placement extraction update

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 16:02:17 UTC 2018

I finally got a passing neutron-grenade run in change [1]. That's the
grenade change which populates the placement DB in Stein from the
placement-related table contents of the nova_api DB from Rocky. It also
writes out the placement.conf file for Stein before starting the Stein
services.

As a result, I'm +2 on Dan's mysql-migrate-db.sh script [2].

The grenade change is also dependent on three other changes for neutron
[3], ironic [4] and heat [5] grenade jobs to require the
openstack/placement project when zuul/devstack-gate clones its required
projects before running grenade.sh.

Those are just the related project grenade jobs that are hit as part of
the grenade patch. There could be others I'm missing, which means
projects might need to update their grenade job definitions after the
grenade change merges. It looks like that could be quite a few projects
[6]. If the infra/QA teams have a better idea of how to require
openstack/placement in stein+ only, I'm all ears. Maybe that's some
conditional branch logic we can hack into devstack-gate [7] like we do
for neutron? [8]

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/604454/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/603234/
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/604458/