[openstack-dev] [tripleo][puppet] clearing the gate and landing patches to help CI

Alex Schultz aschultz at redhat.com
Fri Sep 28 15:02:26 UTC 2018

Hey Folks,

Currently the tripleo gate is at 21 hours and we're continue to have
timeouts and now scenario001/004 (in queens/pike) appear to be broken.
Additionally we've got some patches in puppet-openstack that we need
to land in order to resolve broken puppet unit tests which is
affecting both projects.

Currently we need to wait for the following to land in puppet:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/I4875b8bc8b2333046fc3a08b4669774fd26c89cb
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/605350/

In tripleo we currently have not identified the root cause for any of
the timeout failures so I'd for us to work on that before trying to
land anything else because the gate resets are killing us and not
helping anything.  We have landed a few patches that have improved the
situation but we're still hitting issues.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1795009 is the bug for the
scenario001/004 issues.  It appears that we're ending up with a newer
version of ansible on the system then what the packages provide. Still
working on figuring out where it's coming from.

Please do not approve anything or recheck unless it's to address CI
issues at this time.

Thanks,
-Alex