[openstack-dev] [qa] [infra] [placement] tempest plugins virtualenv

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Fri Sep 28 14:31:10 UTC 2018

On Fri, 28 Sep 2018, Matthew Treinish wrote:

>> http://logs.openstack.org/14/601614/21/check/placement-tempest-gabbi/f44c185/job-output.txt.gz#_2018-09-28_11_13_25_798683
>
> Right above this line it shows that the gabbi-tempest plugin is installed in
> the venv:
>
> http://logs.openstack.org/14/601614/21/check/placement-tempest-gabbi/f44c185/job-output.txt.gz#_2018-09-28_11_13_25_650661

Ah, so it is, thanks. My grepping and visual-grepping failed
because of the weird linebreaks. Le sigh.

For curiosity: What's the processing that is making it be installed
twice? I ask because I'm hoping to (eventually) trim this to as
small and light as possible. And then even more eventually I hope to
make it so that if a project chooses the right job and has a gabbits
directory, they'll get run.

The part that was confusing for me was that the virtual env that
lib/tempest (from devstack) uses is not even mentioned in tempest's
tox.ini, so is using its own directory as far as I could tell.

> My guess is that the plugin isn't returning any tests that match the regex.

I'm going to run it without a regex and see what it produces.

It might be that pre job I'm using to try to get the gabbits in the
right place is not working as desired.

A few patchsets ago when I was using the oogly way of doing things
it was all working.