[openstack-dev] [release] Release model for feature-complete OpenStack libraries

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Fri Sep 28 13:29:25 UTC 2018

<Arkady.Kanevsky at dell.com> writes:

> How will we handle which versions of libraries work together?
> And which combinations will be run thru CI?

Dependency management will work the same way it does today.

Each component (server or library) lists the versions of the
dependencies it is compatible with. That information goes into the
packages built for the component, and is used to ensure that a
compatible version of each dependency is installed when the package is
installed.

We control what is actually tested by using the upper constraints list
managed in the requirements repository. There's more detail about how
that list is managed in the project team guide at
https://docs.openstack.org/project-team-guide/dependency-management.html

Doug