[openstack-dev] [goals][python3] switching python package jobs

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Thu Sep 27 15:05:34 UTC 2018

I think we are ready to go ahead and switch all of the python packaging
jobs to the new set defined in the publish-to-pypi-python3 template
[1]. We still have some cleanup patches for projects that have not
completed their zuul migration, but there are only a few and rebasing
those will be easy enough.

The template adds a new check job that runs when any files related to
packaging are changed (readme, setup, etc.). Otherwise it switches from
the python2-based PyPI job to use python3.

I have the patch to switch all official projects ready in [2].

Doug

[1] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/openstack-zuul-jobs/tree/zuul.d/project-templates.yaml#n218
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/598323/