[openstack-dev] [release][ironic][tripleo][oslo][neutron] recovering from today's release failures

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Mon Sep 24 18:59:40 UTC 2018

Earlier today a bad version of twine (1.12.0) caused issues with many of
the release jobs that were trying to publish artifacts to
pypi.python.org. I didn't notice those failures until after all of the
releases had been processed, unfortunately, which left us with quite a
few broken releases to try to recover from.

After working out the cause of the problem, and finding that in fact
some, but not all, of the release artifacts were published, we started
making a list of the manual recovery steps we would have to take. And
that list was really really long.

So, instead of doing all of that, we're going to re-tag the releases,
using new version numbers, to produce good artifacts. I have prepared
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/604875/ to do this.

I will also run some tests to ensure the publishing works before
approving those re-releases.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Doug