[openstack-dev] [Openstack-sigs] Capturing Feedback/Input

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Fri Sep 21 23:06:16 UTC 2018

Melvin Hillsman <mrhillsman at gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 11:16 AM Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Maybe we're overthinking the organization on this. What is special about
>> the items that would be on this list compared to items opened directly
>> against projects?
>>

> Yeah unfortunately we do have a tendency to overthink/complicate things.
> Not saying Storyboard is the right tool but suggested rather than having
> something extra to maintain was what I understood. There are at least 3
> things that were to be addressed:
>
> - single pane so folks know where to provide/see updates
> - it is not a catchall/dumpsite
>   - something still needs to be flushed out/prioritized (Public Cloud WG's
> missing features spreadsheet for example)
> - not specific to a single project (i thought this was a given since there
> is already a process/workflow for single project)
>
> I could very well be wrong so I am open to be corrected. From my
> perspective the idea in the room was to not circumvent anything internal
> but rather make it easy for external viewers, passerbys, etc. When feedback
> is gathered from Ops Meetup, OpenStack Days, Local meetups/events, we
> discussed putting that here as well.

Those are all good points. Sorry for making you rehash stuff that was
already discussed.

So I guess the idea is to have a place where several groups can track
their own backlogs, but then a prioritized list can be created from
those separate backlogs?

In the Storyboard data model, that sounds like separate projects for
each SIG or WG, and then 1 worklist that they all manually update with
their priority items. I say "manually" because if we just combine all of
the backlogs we don't have any good way to order the items and select
the top N.

Doug