[openstack-dev] [User-committee] [tc] Joint UC/TC Meeting

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Wed Sep 19 18:25:52 UTC 2018

Excerpts from Chris Dent's message of 2018-09-19 12:31:26 +0100:
> On Tue, 18 Sep 2018, Doug Hellmann wrote:
>
> > [Redirecting this from the openstack-tc list to the -dev list.]
> > Excerpts from Melvin Hillsman's message of 2018-09-18 17:43:57 -0500:
> >> UC is proposing a joint UC/TC meeting at the end of the month say starting
> >> after Berlin to work more closely together. The last Monday of the month at
> >> 1pm US Central time is current proposal, throwing it out here now for
> >> feedback/discussion, so that would make the first one Monday, November
> >> 26th, 2018.
>
> I agree that the UC and TC should work more closely together. If the
> best way to do that is to have a meeting then great, let's do it.
> We're you thinking IRC or something else?
>
> But we probably need to resolve our ambivalence towards meetings. On
> Sunday at the PTG we discussed maybe going back to having a TC
> meeting but didn't realy decide (at least as far as I recall) and

My notes say that the chair needs to raise this after the election is
over, so that the newly elected TC members can have input into the
decision.

> didn't discuss in too much depth the reasons why we killed meetings
> in the first place. How would this meeting be different?

I definitely see the usefulness of more regular communication between
the two groups. As Chris points out, we've been trying to avoid
requiring formal synchronous meetings as much as possible, I'd like
to start by listing some of the topics we might discuss. Not all
of them will need to wait for a meeting, and some may be better
suited to an in-person meeting at the forum in Berlin. If we come
up with a list of topics that do make sense for an online discussion,
we can work out how best to handle that.

Doug