[openstack-dev] [election][tc]Question for candidates about global reachout

Anne Bertucio anne at openstack.org
Mon Sep 17 23:06:24 UTC 2018

> I though I remember someone (annabelleB?) saying there were known issues (technical or otherwise) regarding the official channels spun up by the Foundation.

Two separate issues that perhaps got mashed together :)

Unofficial WeChat channels are limited to ~500 participants and are invite-only. That makes a few challenges for a community of our size (much more than 500!). Official subscription channels don’t have these limitations, but there’s a lengthy process to get one. It’s currently in progress (unfortunately I don’t think we have an ETA beyond “in progress” at this point—more than one month; less than six months?).

Anne Bertucio
OpenStack Foundation
anne at openstack.org | irc: annabelleB