[openstack-dev] [puppet] [placement]

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Mon Sep 17 12:48:01 UTC 2018

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 5:29 AM Lee Yarwood <lyarwood at redhat.com> wrote:

> FWIW I've also started work on the RDO packaging front [1] and would be
> happy to help with this puppet extraction.

Good to know, thanks.
Once we have the repo in place, here is a plan proposal:

* Populate the repo with cookiecutter & adjust to Placement service
* cp code from nova::placement (and nova::wsgi::apache_placement)
* package placement and puppet-placement in RDO
* start testing puppet-placement in puppet-openstack-integration
* switch tripleo-common / THT to deploy placement in nova_placement
container
* switch tripleo to use puppet-placement (in THT)
* probably rename nova_placement container/service into placement or
something generic

Feedback is welcome,
--
Emilien Macchi