[openstack-dev] [kolla] Committing proprietary plugins to OpenStack

Eduardo Gonzalez dabarren at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 12:10:52 UTC 2018

Hi Shyam,

We offer methods [0] to allow users add their plugins during build time
through template overrides.
This allows extends dockerfiles with custom content as may be your use case.

Also we offer a method to add an external directory into the buildable list
of Dockerfiles with ``--config-dir /mydockerfiles/``

With this two methods you can provide your users the images or the
mechanism to customize their docker images.

In kolla's repository there is a contrib/ folder [1] for
template-overrides, not tested in CI nor supported by the team. Only
examples of things that may work or not about how to extend dockerfiles for
specific use cases.

As example, a patch under review to add overrides for cisco plugins [2]

Regards

[0]
https://docs.openstack.org/kolla/latest/admin/image-building.html#dockerfile-customisation
[1] https://github.com/openstack/kolla/tree/master/contrib/template-override