[openstack-dev] [goals][upgrade-checkers] Week R-30 update

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 15:30:55 UTC 2018

Just a couple of updates this week.

* I have assigned PTLs (for projects that have PTLs [1]) to their
respective tasks in StoryBoard [2]. If someone else on your team is
planning on working on the pre-upgrade check goal then please just
reassign ownership of the task.

* I have started going through some project release notes looking for
upgrade impacts and leaving notes in the task assigned per project.
There were some questions at the PTG about what some projects could add
for pre-upgrade checks so check your task to see if I've left any
thoughts. I have not gone through all projects yet.

* Ben Nemec has extracted the common upgrade check CLI framework into a
library [3] (thanks Ben!) and is working on getting that imported into
Gerrit. It would be great if projects that start working on the goal can
try using that library and provide feedback.

[1] https://governance.openstack.org/election/results/stein/ptl.html
[2] https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2003657
[3] https://github.com/cybertron/oslo.upgradecheck

Matt