[openstack-dev] [election][tc]Question for candidates about global reachout

Rico Lin rico.lin.guanyu at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 00:23:36 UTC 2018

> For the candidates who are running for tc seats, please reply to this
> email to indicate if you are open to use certain social media app in
> certain region (like Wechat in China, Line in Japan, etc.), in order to
> reach out to the OpenStack developers in that region and help them to
> connect to the upstream community as well as answering questions or other
> activities that will help. (sorry for the long sentence ... )

We definitely need to reach to developers from each location in global. And
a way to expose technical community to some place more close to developer
and not creating to much burden to all. For me, if we can have channels for
broadcast our key information cross entire community (like what's next
TC/PTL election, what mission is been proposed, who people can talk to when
certain issue happens, who you can talk to when you got great idea, and
most importantly where are the right place you should go to) expose to all
and maybe encourge community leaders to join. A list of channels is not
hard to setup, but it will bring big different IMO and we can always adjust
what channel we have. What we can limit here is make sure always help the
new joiner to find the right place to engage.

Once we got connected to local developers and community, it's easier for TC
to guide all IMO. Will this work? Not sure! So why not we try and find
out!:)

Rico and I already sign up for Wechat communication for sure :)

Good to have you! Let's do it!!

BTW nice dicsussion today, thanks all who is there in TC room to share.