[openstack-dev] [release][searchlight] Need rights to create stable branches and tags

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Sep 13 20:30:12 UTC 2018

Trinh Nguyen wrote:
> Dear Release Management team,
>
> As we're reaching the Stein-1 milestone, I would like to prepare the
> branches and tags. According to the documents, it's the job of the
> Release Management team but it also says I as the PTL can do it. I
> wonder which is the best way because Searchlight has missed several
> milestones.
>
> It would be great if anyone in the Release Management team can give me
> some advice.

As PTL, you should request tags (releases) by proposing a change to the
openstack/releases repository. The process is explained in

https://releases.openstack.org/reference/using.html#requesting-a-release

and also in:

https://docs.openstack.org/project-team-guide/release-management.html#how-to-release

No rights are actually needed, we just check that the requester is the
PTL or the designated release liaison before approving the request.

Let us know if you have other questions !

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)