[openstack-dev] [octavia] Optimize the query of the octavia database

Erik Olof Gunnar Andersson eandersson at blizzard.com
Thu Sep 13 16:32:07 UTC 2018

This was solved in neutron-lbaas recently, maybe we could adopt the same method for Octavia?

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 13, 2018, at 4:54 AM, Jeff Yang <yjf1970231893 at gmail.com<mailto:yjf1970231893 at gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi, All

As octavia resources increase, I found that running the "openstack loadbalancer list" command takes longer and longer. Sometimes a 504 error is reported.

By reading the code, I found that octavia will performs complex left outer join queries when acquiring resources such as loadbalancer, listener, pool, etc. in order to only make one trip to the database.
Reference code: http://paste.openstack.org/show/730022 Line 133
Generated SQL statements: http://paste.openstack.org/show/730021

So, I suggest that adjust the query strategy to provide different join queries for different resources.

https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2003751