[openstack-dev] [keystone] Keystone Team Update - Week of 3 September 2018
lbragstad at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 20:43:25 UTC 2018
# Keystone Team Update - Week of 3 September 2018
This week was mainly focused on the python3 community goal and ultimately
cleaning up a bunch of issues with stable branches that were uncovered in
those reviews. Next week is the PTG, which the group is preparing for in
addition to brainstorming Stein forum topics .
## User Feedback
The foundation provided us with the latest feedback from our users . A
sanitized version of that data has been shared publicly  for you to
checkout prior to the PTG. We have time set aside on Wednesday to review
the feedback and discuss any adjustments we want to make to the survey
## PTG Planning
As I'm sure you're aware, the PTG is next week. The schedule is relatively
firm at this point , but please raise any conflicts with other sessions
if you see any.
## Open Specs
Search query: https://bit.ly/2Pi6dGj
A new specification was proposed this week to enable limit support for
domains . This is going to be a main focus next week as we discuss
unified limits. Please have a look if you're interested in that particular
## Recently Merged Changes
Search query: https://bit.ly/2IACk3F
We merged 26 changes this week, most of which were for the python3
community goal .
We did notice a high number of stable branch failures for keystoneauth,
keystonemiddleware, and python-keystoneclient. This was discussed on the
## Changes that need Attention
Search query: https://bit.ly/2wv7QLK
There are 58 changes that are passing CI, not in merge conflict, have no
negative reviews and aren't proposed by bots.
This week we opened 9 new bugs, closed 1, and fixed 3.
Bugs opened (9)
- Bug #1790148 (keystone:Low) opened by FreudianSlip
- Bug #1790428 (keystone:Undecided) opened by Eric Miller
- Bug #1791111 (keystone:Undecided) opened by Paul Peereboom
- Bug #1780164 (keystoneauth:Undecided) opened by mchlumsky
- Bug #1790423 (python-keystoneclient:Undecided) opened by ChenWu
- Bug #1790931 (oslo.limit:Medium) opened by Lance Bragstad
- Bug #1790954 (oslo.limit:Medium) opened by Lance Bragstad
- Bug #1790894 (oslo.limit:Low) opened by Lance Bragstad
- Bug #1790935 (oslo.limit:Low) opened by Lance Bragstad
Bugs closed (1)
- Bug #1790423 (python-keystoneclient:Undecided)
Bugs fixed (3)
- Bug #1777671 (keystone:Medium) fixed by Vishakha Agarwal
- Bug #1790148 (keystone:Low) fixed by Chason Chan
- Bug #1789351 (keystonemiddleware:Undecided) fixed by wangxiyuan
## Milestone Outlook
We have a lot of work to do to shape the release between now and milestone
1, which will be October 26th. Focusing on specifications and early feature
development is appreciated.
Thanks to Ben, Doug, and Tony for helping us make sense of the
tox_install.sh and pip stable branch mess! We should be past the last layer
of the onion with respect to the python3 stable patches.
## Help with this newsletter
Help contribute to this newsletter by editing the etherpad:
Dashboard generated using gerrit-dash-creator and
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OpenStack-dev