[openstack-dev] [election][tc] announcing candidacy

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 13:29:21 UTC 2018

On 9/4/2018 7:15 PM, Julia Kreger wrote:
> The most specific thing that is weighing on my mind is elevating and
> supporting contributors. While this is not new, I think we as a
> community need to refocus on it because they are very fibers that make
> up the fabric of our community and ultimately the electorate.

Do you have specific *kinds* of contributors in mind here? Like are you
mostly thinking new or part-time contributors, or are you also including
long-time maintainers of the project, because let's not forget those are
also contributors (usually in a large personal sacrificial way).

Do you have specific ideas on how to elevate and support contributors?
OR what do you see are the major issues not being addressed? Burn out?
Contributor's backing companies not supporting them in some form? Other?

Matt