[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-I18n] [storyboard] [I18n] Can Storyboard web pages be translatable to multiple languages?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Sep 6 17:33:19 UTC 2018

On 2018-09-06 11:06:34 +0900 (+0900), Ian Y. Choi wrote:
> I wanna ask whether https://storyboard.openstack.org/ web pages
> can be translatable to multiple languages (e.g., Chinese,
> Japanese, Korean, German, French, Spanish, ...) or not.
[...]

As also discussed in #storyboard I think this is an interesting
idea, particularly for organizations who may want to use StoryBoard
deployments where most users are fluent in one of those other
languages (and perhaps not at all with English).

I do think interface translation is potentially useful for the
OpenStack community's storyboard.openstack.org service too, though
we'll want to keep in mind that for most of the projects hosted
there English is explicitly preferred to increase collaboration
(same as with most OpenStack community mailing lists, IRC channels,
code review and so on). We may discover that we need to find ways to
point out to people, particularly those arriving there for the first
time, that they should file stories in English if at all possible
even though the interface may be presented in their personally
preferred language instead.

I've added this topic to
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/sb-stein-ptg-planning and am
looking forward to seeing you in Denver!
--
Jeremy Stanley