[openstack-dev] [Openstack-operators] [ironic][tripleo][edge] Discussing ironic federation and distributed deployments

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko.vancsa at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 21:48:46 UTC 2018

Hi,

I mentioned a non-official project on the call we had this week for IoT (bare metal) management, called IoTronic. It is developed in connection to a Smart Cities use case, the name of the project is Stack4Things under the #SmartME umbrella project, mostly revolving around Single-Board Computers (Raspberrys, Arduinos, etc) as full-blown (far) edge nodes.

IoTronic at this point is interoperating/integrated with Horizon/Keystone/Neutron.

You can find information on the following link about the umbrella projects and IoTronic:

Latest talk about Stack4Things/IoTronic, at the (Vancouver) Summit (includes link to video):
https://www.openstack.org/summit/vancouver-2018/summit-schedule/events/21201/an-edge-computing-case-study-for-monasca-smart-city-ai-powered-surveillance-and-monitoring

Official Stack4Things page (updates in progress, with high-level documentation, papers, etc)
http://stack4things.unime.it/

#SmartME Smart City (Messina) portal
http://smartme.unime.it/

#SmartME Open Data portal
http://smartme-data.unime.it

OpenStack Infra-hosted repos for IoTronic
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/iotronic
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/iotronic-lightning-rod
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/iotronic-ui
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/python-iotronicclient