[openstack-dev] [networking-odl][networking-bgpvpn][ceilometer] all requirement updates are currently blocked

Matthew Thode prometheanfire at gentoo.org
Wed Sep 5 15:03:09 UTC 2018

On 18-08-31 19:52:09, Matthew Thode wrote:
> The requirements project has a co-installability test for the various
> projects, networking-odl being included.
>
> Because of the way the dependancy on ceilometer is done it is blocking
> all reviews and updates to the requirements project.
>
> http://logs.openstack.org/96/594496/2/check/requirements-integration/8378cd8/job-output.txt.gz#_2018-08-31_22_54_49_357505
>
> If networking-odl is not meant to be used as a library I'd recommend
> it's removal from networking-bgpvpn (it's test-requirements.txt file).
> Once that is done networking-odl can be removed from global-requirements
> and we won't be blocked anymore.
>
> As a side note, fungi noticed that when you branched you are still
> installing ceilometer from master.  Also, the ceilometer team
> doesnt wish it to be used as a library either (like networking-odl
> doesn't wish to be used as a library).

The requirements team has gone ahead and made a aweful hack to get gate
unwedged.  The commit message is a very good summary of our reasoning
why it has to be this way for now.  My comment explains our plan going
forward (there will be a revert prepared as soon as this merges for
instance).

step 1. merge this
step 2. look into and possibly fix our tooling (why was the gitref addition not rejected by gate)
step 3. fix networking-odl (release ceilometer)
step 4. unmerge this

--
Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)