[openstack-dev] [nova] [placement] extraction (technical) update

melanie witt melwittt at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 21:27:56 UTC 2018

On Tue, 4 Sep 2018 16:16:31 -0500, Eric Fried wrote:
>> 030 is okay as long as nothing goes wrong. If something does it
>> raises exceptions which would currently fail as the exceptions are
>> not there. See below for more about exceptions.
> Maybe I'm misunderstanding what these migration thingies are supposed to
> be doing, but 030 [1] seems like it's totally not applicable to
> placement and should be removed. The placement database doesn't (and
> shouldn't) have 'flavors', 'cell_mappings', or 'host_mappings' tables in
> the first place.
>
> What am I missing?
>
>> * Presumably we can trim the placement DB migrations to just stuff
>>    that is relevant to placement
> Yah, I would hope so. What possible reason could there be to do otherwise?

Yes, we should definitely trim the placement DB migrations to only
things relevant to placement. And we can use this opportunity to get rid
of cruft too and squash all of the placement migrations together to
start at migration 1 for the placement repo. If anyone can think of a
problem with doing that, please shout it out.

-melanie