[openstack-dev] [networking-odl][networking-bgpvpn][ceilometer] all requirement updates are currently blocked

Thomas Morin thomas.morin at orange.com
Mon Sep 3 11:31:15 UTC 2018

Hi Mathew,

Matthew Thode, 2018-08-31 19:52:
> The requirements project has a co-installability test for the various
> projects, networking-odl being included.
>
> Because of the way the dependancy on ceilometer is done it is
> blocking all reviews and updates to the requirements project.

(also blocking reviews for networking-bgpvpn)

http://logs.openstack.org/96/594496/2/check/requirements-integration/8378cd8/job-output.txt.gz#_2018-08-31_22_54_49_357505

> If networking-odl is not meant to be used as a library I'd recommend
> it's removal from networking-bgpvpn (it's test-requirements.txt
> file).

Historically, the driver allowing the use of networking-bgpvpn with the
ODL SDN controller was in the networking-bgpvpn project ; this is why
we have this dependency (the driver using some ODL utility code found
in the networking-odl project).

We can work at removing this historical driver from networking-bgpvpn.
Since a v2 driver (hosted in networking-odl) has been existing for a
long time, we possibly can do that without waiting. Just need to think
about the best way to do it.

ODL team, what do you think ?

In the meantime, to unbreak the CI for networking-bgpvpn, I'm pushing
[1], which puts an upper bound (< 13) on the dependency on networking-
odl to avoid drawing version 13 of networking-odl which introduces the
requirement on ceilometer.

-Thomas

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/599310/2/test-requirements.txt