[openstack-dev] Ironic integration CI jobs

Julia Kreger juliaashleykreger at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 15:34:01 UTC 2018

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 7:38 AM Dmitry Tantsur <dtantsur at redhat.com> wrote:

> [trim]
>

> >     Ditto, grenade jobs do not cover our tests at all. Also this is the
> very job we
> >     run on other projects (nova, neutron, maybe more), so it will be a
> bit painful
> >     to remove it.
> >

> > We run the basic baremetal ops test, which tests deploy. If we're
> already
> > covering the same code paths in other tests (which I feel we are), then
> the test
> > feels redundant to me. I'm not worried about the effort to change the
> job in
> > other gates. We really need to pull agent_ipmitool out of the name if we
> keep it
> > anyway... which still means going through zuul configs.
>
> Do not smoke tests cover rescue with bare metal? Because our jobs do.

Smoke tests do not as far as I can tell, but I believe we run rescue by
default when our test scenarios execute on our other tempest executing jobs
as well as it is a superset of the main scenario.
Random example testr results:
http://logs.openstack.org/72/614472/1/check/ironic-tempest-dsvm-ipa-partition-redfish-tinyipa/7537b02/testr_results.html.gz