[openstack-dev] [oslo] No complains about rabbitmq SSL problems: could we have this in the logs?

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Wed Oct 31 13:29:58 UTC 2018

Hi,

It took me a long long time to figure out that my SSL setup was wrong
when trying to connect Heat to rabbitmq over SSL. Unfortunately, Oslo
(or heat itself) never warn me that something was wrong, I just got
nothing working, and no log at all.

I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one happy about having this type of
problems being yelled out loud in the logs. Right now, it does work if I
turn off SSL, though I'm still not sure what's wrong in my setup, and
I'm given no clue if the issue is on rabbitmq-server or on the client
side (ie: heat, in my current case).

Just a wishlist... :)
Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)