[openstack-dev] [tripleo][openstack-ansible][nova][placement] Owners needed for placement extraction upgrade deployment tooling

Mohammed Naser mnaser at vexxhost.com
Tue Oct 30 18:18:29 UTC 2018

Hi there:

We spoke about this today in the OpenStack Ansible meeting, we've come
up with the following steps:

1) Create a role for placement which will be called `os_placement`
located in `openstack/openstack-ansible-os_placement`
2) Integrate that role with the OSA master and stop using the built-in
placement service
3) Update the playbooks to handle upgrades and verify using our
periodic upgrade jobs

For #1, Guilherme from the OSA team will be taking care of creating
the role initially, I'm hoping that maybe we can get it done sometime
this week.  I think it'll probably take another week to integrate it
into the main repo.

The difficult task really comes in the upgrade jobs, I really hope
that we can get some help on this as this probably puts a bit of a
load already on Guilherme, so anyone up to look into that part when
the first 2 are completed? :)

Thanks,
Mohammed