[openstack-dev] [requirements][vitrage][infra] SQLAlchemy-Utils version 0.33.6 breaks Vitrage gate

Ian Wienand iwienand at redhat.com
Tue Oct 23 09:28:19 UTC 2018

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 01:17:13PM +0000, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> It's been deleted (again) and the suspected fix approved so
> hopefully it won't recur.

Unfortunately the underlying issue is still a mystery.  It recurred
once after the suspected fix was merged [1], and despite trying to
replicate it mostly in-situ we could not duplicate the issue.

Another change [2] has made our builds use a modified pip [3] which
logs the sha256 hash of the .whl outputs.  If this reappears, we can
look at the logs and the final (corrupt) wheel and see if the problem
is coming from pip, or something after that as we copy the files.

If looking at hexdumps of zip files is your idea of a good time, there
are some details on the corruption in the comments of [2].  Any
suggestions welcome :) Also any corruption reports welcome too, and we
can continue investigation.

Thanks,

-i

[1] https://review.openstack.org/611444