[openstack-dev] [TripleO] easily identifying how services are configured

James Slagle james.slagle at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 16:52:25 UTC 2018

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 11:14 AM Alex Schultz <aschultz at redhat.com> wrote:
> Additionally I took a stab at combining the puppet/docker service
> definitions for the aodh services in a similar structure to start
> reducing the overhead we've had from maintaining the docker/puppet
> implementations seperately.  You can see the patch
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/611188/ for an additional example of
> this.

That patch takes the approach of removing baremetal support. Is that
what we agreed to do?

I'm not specifically opposed, as I'm pretty sure the baremetal
implementations are no longer tested anywhere, but I know that Dan had
some concerns about that last time around.

The alternative we discussed was using jinja2 to include common
data/tasks in both the puppet/docker/ansible implementations. That
would also result in reducing the number of Heat resources in these
stacks and hopefully reduce the amount of time it takes to
create/update the ServiceChain stacks.

--
-- James Slagle