[openstack-dev] [all] [tc] [api] Paste Maintenance

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Oct 19 13:21:36 UTC 2018

Ed Leafe wrote:
> On Oct 15, 2018, at 7:40 AM, Chris Dent <cdent+os at anticdent.org> wrote:
>>
>> I'd like some input from the community on how we'd like this to go.
>
> I would say it depends on the long-term plans for paste. Are we planning on weaning ourselves off of paste, and simply need to maintain it until that can be completed, or are we planning on encouraging its use?

Agree with Ed... is this something we plan to minimally maintain because
we depend on it, something that needs feature work and that we want to
encourage the adoption of, or something that we want to keep on
life-support while we move away from it?

My assumption is that it's "something we plan to minimally maintain
because we depend on it". in which case all options would work: the
exact choice depends on whether there is anybody interested in helping
maintaining it, and where those contributors prefer to do the work.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)