[openstack-dev] [Openstack-sigs] [all] Naming the T release of OpenStack

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Fri Oct 19 09:54:29 UTC 2018

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 05:35:39PM +1100, Tony Breeds wrote:
> Hello all,
>     As per [1] the nomination period for names for the T release have
> now closed (actually 3 days ago sorry).  The nominated names and any
> qualifying remarks can be seen at2].
>
> Proposed Names
>  * Tarryall
>  * Teakettle
>  * Teller
>  * Telluride
>  * Thomas
>  * Thornton
>  * Tiger
>  * Tincup
>  * Timnath
>  * Timber
>  * Tiny Town
>  * Torreys
>  * Trail
>  * Trinidad
>  * Treasure
>  * Troublesome
>  * Trussville
>  * Turret
>  * Tyrone
>
> Proposed Names that do not meet the criteria
>  * Train

I have re-worked my openstack/governance change[1] to ask the TC to accept
adding Train to the poll as (partially) described in [2].

I present the names above to the community and Foundation marketing team
for consideration.  The list above does contain Train, clearly if the TC
do not approve [1] Train will not be included in the poll when created.

I apologise for any offence or slight caused by my previous email in
this thread.  It was well intentioned albeit, with hindsight, poorly
thought through.

Yours Tony.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/611511/
[2] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/release-naming.html#release-name-criteria