[openstack-dev] [kolla] add service discovery, proxysql, vault, fabio and FQDN endpoints

Florian Engelmann florian.engelmann at everyware.ch
Fri Oct 19 08:24:12 UTC 2018

> currently we are testing what is needed to get consul + registrator and
> kolla/kolla-ansible play together nicely.
>
> To get the services created in consul by registrator all kolla
> containers running relevant services (eg. keystone, nova, cinder, ...
> but also mariadb, memcached, es, ...) need to "--expose" their ports.
> Registrator will use those "exposed" ports to add a service to consul.
>
> I there any (existing) option to add those ports to the container
> bootstrap?
> What about "docker_common_options"?
>
> command should look like:
>
> docker run -d --expose 5000/tcp --expose 35357/tcp --name=keystone ...

After testing registrator I recognized the project seems to be
unmaintained. So we won't use registrator.

I just need to find another method to register a container (service) in
consul after the contaier has started.

I would like to do so without changing any kolla container or
kolla-ansible code.

> Am 10/10/18 um 9:18 AM schrieb Florian Engelmann:
>> by "another storage system" you mean the KV store of consul? That's
>> just someting consul brings with it...
>>
>> consul is very strong in doing health checks
>>
>> Am 10/9/18 um 6:09 PM schrieb Fox, Kevin M:
>>> etcd is an already approved openstack dependency. Could that be used
>>> instead of consul so as to not add yet another storage system?
>>> coredns with the https://coredns.io/plugins/etcd/ plugin would maybe
>>> do what you need?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Kevin