[openstack-dev] [Openstack-sigs] [FEMDC] [Edge] [tripleo] On the use of terms "Edge" and "Far Edge"

Bogdan Dobrelya bdobreli at redhat.com
Thu Oct 18 14:40:19 UTC 2018

On 10/18/18 4:33 PM, Arkady.Kanevsky at dell.com wrote:
> Love  the idea to have clearer terminology.
> Suggest we let telco folks to suggest terminology to use.
> This is not a 3 level hierarchy but much more.
> There are several layers of aggregation from local to metro, to  regional, to DC. And potential multiple layers in each.

Similarly to NUMA distance is equal to the shortest path between the
NUMA nodes, we could think of edges as facets and Edge distance as the
shortest path between edge sites, counting from the central Edge
(distance 0), or central Edges, if we have those decentralized and there
is no a single central Edge?

> Dmitry
>
> [1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-edge-mvp

Best regards,