[openstack-dev] [all] Naming the T release of OpenStack

Jay S Bryant jungleboyj at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 13:25:24 UTC 2018

On 10/18/2018 1:35 AM, Tony Breeds wrote:

> Hello all,
>      As per [1] the nomination period for names for the T release have
> now closed (actually 3 days ago sorry).  The nominated names and any
> qualifying remarks can be seen at2].
>
> Proposed Names
>   * Tarryall
>   * Teakettle
>   * Teller
>   * Telluride
>   * Thomas
>   * Thornton
>   * Tiger
>   * Tincup
>   * Timnath
>   * Timber
>   * Tiny Town
>   * Torreys
>   * Trail
>   * Trinidad
>   * Treasure
>   * Troublesome
>   * Trussville
>   * Turret
>   * Tyrone
>
> Proposed Names that do not meet the criteria
>   * Train
>
> However I'd like to suggest we skip the CIVS poll and select 'Train' as
> the release name by TC resolution[3].  My think for this is
>
>   * It's fun and celebrates a humorous moment in our community
>   * As a developer I've heard the T release called Train for quite
>     sometime, and was used often at the PTG[4].
>   * As the *next* PTG is also in Colorado we can still choose a
>     geographic based name for U[5]
>   * If train causes a problem for trademark reasons then we can always
>     run the poll
+2 +W  Great names proposed above but based on other discussions with
people I think the community would be happy with the Train name.  Plus
if people ask about it, it gives us an opportunity to share a story that
gives insight into the community we are.  :-) Thanks for proposing that
path Tony!

Jay