[openstack-dev] [horizon][plugins] Horizon plugins validation on CI

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Thu Oct 18 01:52:16 UTC 2018

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 04:18:26PM +0300, Ivan Kolodyazhny wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We discussed this topic at PTG both with Horizon and other teams. Sounds
> like everybody is interested to have some cross-project CI jobs to verify
> that plugins are not broken with the latest Horizon changes.
>
> The initial idea was to use tempest plugins for this effort like we do for
> Horizon [1]. We've got a very simple test to verify that Horizon is up and
> running and a user is able to login.
>
> It's easy to implement such tests for any existing horizon plugin. I tried
> it for Heat and Manila dashboards.

Given that I know very little about this but isn't it just as simple as
running the say the octavia-dashboard[1] npm tests on all horizon changes?
This would be similar to the way we run the nova[2] functional tests on all
constraints changes in openstack/requirements.

Yours Tony.

[1] Of course all dashbaords/plugins
[2] Not just nova but you get the idea