[openstack-dev] [zVM] [python3] tox/zuul issues for zVM OpenStack

William M Edmonds edmondsw at us.ibm.com
Mon Oct 15 15:06:17 UTC 2018

The current tox.ini for ceilometer-zvm includes this line [1] similar to
what ceilometer-powervm was doing up until recently:

   -egit+https://github.com/openstack/ceilometer@master#egg=ceilometer

We found that this no longer works since ceilometer was added to
upper-constraints [2]. We first got things working again by [3] and are now
improving on that by [4]. I expect you will need to make similar changes.

I was going to propose this to ceilometer-zvm for you, but then noticed
that you don't even have a zuul.yaml file. You're missing changes like [5]
adding lower-constraints checking and [6] for the python3-first effort. So
that is probably a bigger issue to address first (and for
networking-powervm and nova-zvm-virt-driver as well as ceilometer-zvm).
When you get to the python3 stuff, I suggest you work with dhellmann on
that. He's got scripts to generate at least some of those commits.

[1] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/ceilometer-zvm/tree/tox.ini#n19
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/601498
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/609058/
[4] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/609823/
[5] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/555358/
[6] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/594984/

W. Matthew Edmonds
Sr. Software Engineer, IBM Power Systems
Email: edmondsw at us.ibm.com
Phone: (919) 543-7538 / Tie-Line: 441-7538