[openstack-dev] [python3] Enabling py37 unit tests

Corey Bryant corey.bryant at canonical.com
Fri Oct 12 12:59:38 UTC 2018

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 10:19 AM Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse.com> wrote:

> On 10/10/2018 23.10, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> > I might have only pointed this out on IRC so far, but the
> > expectation is that testing 3.5 and 3.6 at the same time was merely
> > transitional since official OpenStack projects should be moving
> > their testing from Ubuntu Xenial (which provides 3.5) to Ubuntu
> > Bionic (which provides 3.6 and, now, 3.7 as well) during the Stein
> > cycle and so will drop 3.5 testing on master in the process.
>
> Agreed, this needs some larger communication and explanation on what to do,

The good news is we now have an initial change underway and successful,
dropping py35 and enabling py37: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/609557/

I'm happy to get things moving along and start proposing changes like this
to other projects and communicating with PTLs along the way. Do you think
we need more discussion/communication on this or should I get started?

Thanks,
Corey

Andreas