[openstack-dev] [kolla][tc] add service discovery, proxysql, vault, fabio and FQDN endpoints

Zane Bitter zbitter at redhat.com
Thu Oct 11 17:08:44 UTC 2018

On 10/10/18 1:35 PM, Jay Pipes wrote:
> +tc topic
>
> On 10/10/2018 11:49 AM, Fox, Kevin M wrote:
>> Sorry. Couldn't quite think of the name. I was meaning, openstack
>> project tags.
>
> I think having a tag that indicates the project is no longer using
> SELECT FOR UPDATE (and thus is safe to use multi-writer Galera) is an
> excellent idea, Kevin. ++

I would support such a tag, especially if it came with detailed
instructions on how to audit your code to make sure you are not doing
this with sqlalchemy. (Bonus points for a flake8 plugin that can be
enabled in the gate.)

(One question for clarification: is this actually _required_ to use
multi-writer Galera? My previous recollection was that it was possible,
but inefficient, to use SELECT FOR UPDATE safely as long as you wrote a
lot of boilerplate to restart the transaction if it failed.)