[openstack-dev] [tripleo][ci] Having more that one queue for gate pipeline at tripleo

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Thu Oct 11 11:16:35 UTC 2018

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 10:01 AM Felix Enrique Llorente Pastora <
ellorent at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hello there,
>
>    After suffering a lot from zuul's tripleo gate piepeline queue reseting
> after failures on patches I have ask myself what would happend if we have
> more than one queue for gating tripleo.
>
>    After a quick read here https://zuul-ci.org/docs/zuul/user/gating.html,
> I have found the following:
>
> "If changes with cross-project dependencies do not share a change queue
> then Zuul is unable to enqueue them together, and the first will be
> required to merge before the second is enqueued."
>
>    So it make sense to share zuul queue, but maybe only one queue for all
> tripleo projects is too  much, for example sharing queue between tripleo-ui
> and tripleo-quickstart, maybe we need for example to queues for product
> stuff and one for CI, so product does not get resetted if CI fails in a
> patch.
>
>    What do you think ?

Probably a wrong example, as TripleO UI gate is using CI jobs running
tripleo-quickstart scenarios.
We could create more queues for projects which are really independent from
each other but we need to be very careful about it.
--
Emilien Macchi