[openstack-dev] [tripleo][ci] Having more that one queue for gate pipeline at tripleo

Felix Enrique Llorente Pastora ellorent at redhat.com
Thu Oct 11 08:00:45 UTC 2018

Hello there,

   After suffering a lot from zuul's tripleo gate piepeline queue reseting
after failures on patches I have ask myself what would happend if we have
more than one queue for gating tripleo.

   After a quick read here https://zuul-ci.org/docs/zuul/user/gating.html,
I have found the following:

"If changes with cross-project dependencies do not share a change queue
then Zuul is unable to enqueue them together, and the first will be
required to merge before the second is enqueued."

   So it make sense to share zuul queue, but maybe only one queue for all
tripleo projects is too  much, for example sharing queue between tripleo-ui
and tripleo-quickstart, maybe we need for example to queues for product
stuff and one for CI, so product does not get resetted if CI fails in a
patch.

   What do you think ?

--
Quique Llorente