[openstack-dev] [api] Open API 3.0 for OpenStack API

Jim Rollenhagen jim at jimrollenhagen.com
Wed Oct 10 12:58:55 UTC 2018

Right, this comes back to what I said earlier:

> That said, it seems like using this in a client like OpenStackSDK would
get messy quickly. Instead of asking for which versions are supported,
you'd have to fetch the schema, map it to actual features somehow, and
adjust queries based on this info.

> I guess there might be a middleground where we could fetch the REST API
version, and know from that what GraphQL queries can be made.

This isn't unsolvable, but it does sound like quite a bit of work. This
isn't to say "let's not do graphql at all", but it's important to
understand the work involved.

FWIW, I originally mentioned the SDK (as opposed to the clients speaking
graphql directly), as the client applications are currently transitioning
to use openstacksdk instead of their own API calls.

// jim