[openstack-dev] [openstack-ansible] dropping xenial jobs

Jesse Pretorius Jesse.Pretorius at rackspace.co.uk
Wed Oct 10 07:55:39 UTC 2018

On 10/10/18, 5:54 AM, "Mohammed Naser" <mnaser at vexxhost.com> wrote:

>    So I’ve been thinking of dropping the Xenial jobs to reduce our overall impact in terms of gate usage in master because we don’t support it.

I think we can start dropping it given our intended supported platform for Stein is Bionic, not Xenial. We'll have to carry Xenial & Bionic for Rocky as voting jobs. Anything ported back and found not to work for both can be fixed through either another patch to master which is back ported, or a re-implementation, as necessary.

Rackspace Limited is a company registered in England & Wales (company registered number 03897010) whose registered office is at 5 Millington Road, Hyde Park Hayes, Middlesex UB3 4AZ. Rackspace Limited privacy policy can be viewed at www.rackspace.co.uk/legal/privacy-policy - This e-mail message may contain confidential or privileged information intended for the recipient. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of the enclosed material is prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail at abuse at rackspace.com and delete the original message. Your cooperation is appreciated.