[openstack-dev] [heat][senlin] Action Required. Idea to propose for a forum for autoscaling features integration

Rico Lin rico.lin.guanyu at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 07:07:11 UTC 2018

a reminder for all, please put your ideas/thoughts/suggest actions in our
etherpad [1],
which we gonna use for further discussion in Forum, or in PTG if we got no
forum for it.
So we won't be missing anything.

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/autoscaling-integration-and-feedback

On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 2:22 PM Qiming Teng <tengqim at cn.ibm.com> wrote:

> > >One approach would be to switch the underlying Heat AutoScalingGroup
> > >implementation to use Senlin and then deprecate the AutoScalingGroup
> > >resource type in favor of the Senlin resource type over several
> > >cycles.
> >
> > The hard part (or one hard part, at least) of that is migrating the
> existing
> > data.
>
> Agreed. In an ideal world, we can transparently transplant the "scaling
> group" resource implementation onto something (e.g. a library or an
> interface). This sounds like an option for both teams to brainstorm
> together.
>
> - Qiming

May The Force of OpenStack Be With You,

*Rico Lin*irc: ricolin